Serving on a board or commission offers a unique opportunity for meaningful involvement in civic life and a rare opportunity for public services. The responsibility is great, and so are the rewards.

Questions about serving? Check out our FAQs and what types of boards and commissions exist.


  • How do boards and commissions serve the City?
  • Who may serve on a board or commission?
  • I want to serve. What do I do now?
  • What happens next?
More FAQs