The Mayor’s Committee for Persons with Disabilities is a coalition of businesses, human service agencies, and individuals of all levels of abilities with the mission to create a barrier-free community.
The committee works to enhance awareness, education, social, and employment opportunities in an effort to promote inclusion and reduce barriers. It's also active in many community boards and committees advocating for the rights of people with disabilities.
Questions? Suggestions? E-mail us.
Making the Difference
To improve the quality of life for differently-abled individuals, the Mayor’s Committee accomplishes the following:
- Promotes employment opportunities by raising awareness of the benefits of hiring people with disabilities
- Educates the public, government agencies and businesses about issues, needs, and rights through interactive workshops
- Informs the business community of employment benefits and opportunities
- Reduces barriers to services and resources, and encourages ADA compliance
- Collaborates with state and national agencies
- Provides educational scholarships for qualifying persons with disabilities.