Info You Don't Have to PIRT

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • How can I get a copy of the City's adopted budget?

  • How can I get a copy of a birth certificate, death certificate or marriage certificate?

  • How can I get a copy of my divorce record?

  • How do I request a copy of a police report?

  • How do I request a criminal background check?

  • How can I get a copy of a Greensboro police incident or vehicle accident report?

  • Where can I get a copy of a criminal search warrant?

  • How can I get information about the environmental background of a property or if any hazardous materials are located in a certain area?

  • How can I find the location of a well or underground/above ground storage tank on my property?

  • How can I get a copy of a City Audit report?

  • How can I get a copy of a City Council meeting agenda or minutes?

  • Where can I find information about a privilege license or business permit?

  • What is the City of Greensboro's current tax rate?

  • How do I calculate my City of Greensboro annual tax bill?

  • How do my City of Greensboro taxes and user fees compare to other North Carolina cities?

The PIRT System is for requesting access to and copies of the City of Greensboro’s public records, pursuant to North Carolina’s public records law, North Carolina General Statute 132.

We respond promptly to all public records requests.  Please provide enough information in your request to enable the City to search its records.  The PIRT Administrator will contact you if more information is needed.

Please be aware that the City of Greensboro’s Public Records Policy does not require the City to do research, analyze data, or answer written questions.  NCGS 132-6.2(e) says, “Nothing in this section shall be construed to require a public agency to respond to a request for a copy of a public record by creating or compiling a record that does not exist.”

Contact the PIRT Administrator by e-mail or at 336-373-3636.