Friday, October 12
City Facility News
- The phones at the White Street Landfill are down. Call 336-373-CITY (2489) for questions about landfill operations.
- Horse Pen Creek from Jessup Grove Road to Drawbridge Parkway is closed due to a section of road being washing out. Access to Caldwell Academy and Greensboro Montesorri School will be from the south on Horse Pen Creek Road.
- All watershed trails are closed until further notice.
- Lake Brandt, Higgins, and Townsend are closed today.
- The Bog Garden is closed through Monday, October 15.
- The Greensboro Arboretum, Tanger Family Bicentennial Garden, and Gateway Gardens will be closed until 12 noon today, or until pathways and walkways can be cleared.
- All regional parks (Barber, Country, Hester, Keeley and Price) are open; however, some areas are without power and restrooms may be unavailable.
- Gillespie Golf Course is closed until 12 noon today. Conditions will be assessed at that time and a determination will be made as to the course’s status.
- Griffin and Lewis Recreation Centers will be closed today, as there is no power at the facilities. These sites will reopen once power is restored.
- Forest Lawn Cemetery will be closed until 2 pm.
The following major thoroughfares are without power this morning: Friendly Ave. from Jefferson Rd. to Elam Ave.; East Wendover Ave. from 29 to Sykes Ave.; Lawndale Dr. From Martinsville Ave. to Air Harbor Rd.; Horse Pen Creek Rd. From Drawbridge Pkwy to Jessup Grove Rd.; Holden Rd. from Bryan Blvd to Friendly Ave.; Bryan Blvd from Benjamin Pkwy to Westridge Ave; Freeman Mill Rd. at Randleman Rd.; Battleground Ave. at Westridge Rd.; Battleground Ave at Edney Ridge Rd.; Friendly Ave. from Jefferson Rd. to Elam Ave.
City Events/Program Changes
City Service Changes
City closing information is also posted on:
Check out where snow plows are using this interactive map.
Also, watch this snow removal FAQ video.